NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO RECEIVE A GIFT. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF RECEIVING A GIFT. Void where prohibited by law and outside the United States. Subject to all federal, state, and local laws, regulations, and ordinances. Promotion begins on November 1, 2022 at 12:00 a.m. Pacific Time ("PT") and ends on January 31, 2023 at 11:59 p.m. PT (the "Promotion Period"). Sponsor's computer is the official time keeping device for this Promotion. THIS PROMOTION IS IN NO WAY SPONSORED, ENDORSED OR ADMINISTERED BY, OR ASSOCIATED WITH STARBUCKS CORPORATION. THIS PROMOTION IS FOR THE PURPOSE OF SOLICITING SALES OF INSURANCE PRODUCTS.
- Eligibility: To participate in the My TDIC Launch Giveaway (the “Promotion”), you must be a policyholder of The Dentists Insurance Company (“TDIC”) during the Promotion Period. You must also be at least the age of majority in your jurisdiction of primary residence at the time the gift is received and a legal resident of the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia. Participation constitutes participant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and to Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Promotion and which Sponsor may decide in its sole discretion. Receiving a gift is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
- Sponsor: The Dentists Insurance Company, is domiciled in the state of California, maintains it principal place of business at 1201 K Street, 17th Floor, Sacramento, California, 95814, and its California Certificate of Authority number is: 2361-4. TDIC offers a package of insurance plans for dentists, including professional and dental business liability, commercial property, workers’ compensation, employment practices liability, and cyber protection.
- How to register: During the Promotion Period, all eligible TDIC policyholders who (i) sign in (“Sign-In”) or create an online “My TDIC” account by visiting http://tdicinsurance.com (“Registration”), and (ii) elect to convert a policy not currently on paperless to paperless communications during the Registration process (“Paperless”), will be considered a participant (“Participant”). Participant registration will close when the Promotion Period ends. You must complete both the Registration and Paperless to be eligible to receive. LIMIT ONE (1) ENTRY PER PERSON. ADDITIONAL ENTRIES MAY BE DISQUALIFIED. Normal internet access, phone, and usage charges imposed by your online or phone service may apply. Bulk, automated and/or third-party entries are prohibited and may be disqualified.
Sponsor and Sponsor’s agents, affiliates, subsidiaries, representatives or service providers may use Participants’ and/or referrals’ personal information submitted with Registration for purposes of gift fulfillment and/or to update the membership database maintained by Sponsor.
VERIFICATION OF POTENTIAL PARTICIPANTS: ALL POTENTIAL PARTICIPANTS ARE SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY SPONSOR, WHOSE DECISIONS ARE FINAL AND BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE PROMOTION. A PARTICIPANT IS NOT ENTITLED TO ANY GIFT UNLESS AND UNTIL PARTICIPANT’S ELIGIBILITY HAS BEEN VERIFIED AND PARTICIPANT HAS BEEN NOTIFIED THAT VERIFICATION IS COMPLETE.
Gifts: Each Participant will receive one (1) $10 Starbucks® gift card. Issuer terms and conditions apply to card; see front and back of card for terms. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of each gift: $10. Each potential Participant will be notified by email on or about thirty (30) days after submission of registration. If a potential Participant cannot be contacted in person or via email after the first attempt to contact him/her, or in the event that a potential Participant is disqualified for any reason, the gift for that Participant will remain un-awarded. Recipients of a gift may request, and will, upon such request, be given evidence, which shows that the gift matches the ARV, which was randomly (or otherwise) selected for that recipient.
Gift Restrictions: Any and all applicable federal, state, and local taxes and all fees and expenses related to acceptance and use of the gift not specifically stated herein are the responsibility solely of gift recipient. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen gift cards. Gift card cannot be substituted, assigned, transferred, or redeemed for cash; however, Sponsor reserves the right to make equivalent gift substitutions. Gift cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotion or offer.
- General Conditions: WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT TO UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAW, AND, SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO PROSECUTE AND SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Neither Sponsor nor anyone acting on its behalf will enter into any communications with any Participant regarding this Promotion, except as expressly set forth in these Official Rules. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be attempting to tamper with or undermine the entry process, and/or the legitimate operation of the Promotion; to violate the Official Rules; or to act in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner or with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other person. Sponsor and its agents are not responsible for (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Participant’s, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Promotion; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from Participant’s participation in the Promotion or receipt or use or misuse of any gift. If, for any reason, the Promotion is not capable of running as planned due to causes beyond the control of Sponsor, which corrupt or affect the operation, administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Promotion, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, void any suspect registrations and (a) cancel or terminate the Promotion (or any portion thereof) and award the offered gift at random from among the eligible, non-suspect entries received up to the time of the impairment or (b) modify or suspend the Promotion to address the impairment and then resume the Promotion in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules.
- Release and Limitations of Liability: BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS PROMOTION, PARTICIPANT AGREES THAT SPONSOR, STARBUCKS CORPORATION, AND THEIR RESPECTIVE PARENT COMPANIES, AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES, REPRESENTATIVES, CONSULTANTS, CONTRACTORS, LEGAL COUNSEL, ADVERTISING, PUBLIC RELATIONS, PROMOTIONAL, FULFILLMENT AND MARKETING AGENCIES, WEB SITE PROVIDERS, WEB MASTERS, AND THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES AND AGENTS (THE “RELEASED PARTIES”) WILL HAVE NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR, AND SHALL BE HELD HARMLESS BY PARTICIPANTS AGAINST, ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY INJURIES, LOSSES OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND TO PERSONS, INCLUDING PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH, OR PROPERTY RESULTING IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, MISUSE, OR USE OF THE GIFT, ENTRY, OR PARTICIPATION IN THIS PROMOTION OR IN ANY PROMOTION RELATED ACTIVITY, OR ANY CLAIMS BASED ON PUBLICITY RIGHTS, DEFAMATION OR INVASION OF PRIVACY, OR MERCHANIDISE DELIVERY. THE RELEASED PARTIES ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE IF ANY GIFT CANNOT BE AWARDED DUE TO CANCELLATIONS, DELAYS, OR INTERRUPTIONS DUE TO ACTS OF GOD, ACTS OF WAR, NATURAL DISASTERS, WEATHER, OR TERRORISM. BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS PROMOTION, PARTICIPANTS AGREE THAT THE RELEASED PARTIES WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY INJURIES, DAMAGES, OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES TO PERSONS, INCLUDING DEATH, OR TO PROPERTY.
WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EVERYTHING REGARDING THIS PROMOTION, INCLUDING ALL GIFTS, ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY. CHECK LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
- Publicity: EXCEPT WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW, PARTICIPATION IN THE PROMOTION CONSTITUTES PARTICIPANT’S GRANT TO SPONSOR (WHICH GRANT WILL BE CONFIRMED IN WRITING ON REQUEST OF SPONSOR), AND THE RELEASED PARTIES THE RIGHT AND PERMISSION TO PRINT, PUBLISH, BROADCAST, AND USE, WORLDWIDE IN ANY MEDIA NOW KNOWN OR HEREAFTER DEVELOPED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WORLD WIDE WEB, AT ANY TIME OR TIMES, THE PARTICIPANT’S NAME, PORTRAIT, PICTURE, VOICE, LIKENESS, AND BIOGRAPHICAL INFORMATION FOR ADVERTISING, TRADE, AND PROMOTIONAL PURPOSES WITHOUT ADDITIONAL CONSIDERATION, COMPENSATION, PERMISSION, OR NOTIFICATION. PARTICIPANTS AGREE THAT SPONSOR SHALL OWN THE ENTRIES, WHICH WILL NOT BE ACKNOWLEDGED OR RETURNED, AND THAT SPONSOR AND ITS DESIGNEES SHALL HAVE THE PERPETUAL, WORLDWIDE RIGHT TO EDIT, PUBLISH, AND USE THE ENTRIES IN ANY WAY AND IN ANY MEDIA FOR TRADE, ADVERTISING, PROMOTIONAL, AND/OR OTHER PURPOSES AS SPONSOR AND/OR ITS DESIGNEES MAY DETERMINE WITHOUT FURTHER CONSIDERATION TO PARTICIPANTS OR ANY THIRD PARTY.
- Disputes: This Promotion is governed by the laws of the United States. Except where prohibited, Participant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion or any gift awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Eastern District of California or the appropriate State Court located in Sacramento County, California; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Promotion, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will Participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and Participant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the Participant and Sponsor in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules, which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of California.
- Official Rules: For a copy of the Official Rules, visit: tdicinsurance.com/paperlessincentive.
Copyright ©2022 The Dentists Insurance Company. All trademarks used herein are the property of their respective owners in the United States and abroad. All rights reserved.